The workshop will continue the long-time work on the issue "Socio-Ecological Responsibility in Science and Engineering Education".
The members of the network exchange teaching practices through the integration of sustainability, peace, democracy and ethics principles into the training courses.
It provides a platform for the cooperation within the education society, scientists and engineers.
We get time to establish the professional society and committee to insert the progressive social and ecological sustainable principles into the education system, courses and training plans.
The last network meeting was led in Berlin, 2016. The schedule of that meeting could be found here: http://blue-eng.km.tu-berlin.de/index.php/News
- To exchange teaching experiences and new ideas (units, plans, methods, programmes) in Socio-Ecological Responsibility education;
- To present the existing /proposed short teaching-units underpinned by theoretical reflections;
- To discuss the multi-level teaching standards' coordination in University, science and long-life education through the social and ecological benefits;
- To create a Road-Map for the professional collaboration;
- To establish The Society of Socio-Ecological Responsibility in Science and Engineering Education (SERSEE).
The organizers also will spread the outcomes of the workshop further by publishing written proceedings with peer-reviewed contributions.
We invited to take part in our event the network participants:
1) Dr. Manpreet Singh Manna, Director of AICTE, India, New Delhi;
2) Dr. Tom Børsen, Head of the Study Board for Techno-Anthropology and Sustainable Design, Department of Planning, Aalborg University, Denmark, Copenhagen;
3) Dr. Yann Serreau, Vice-Director of the InnoVent-E Project, Lineact Cesi, France, Paris;
4) Dr. Igor Khmelinskii, FCT, DQF and CEOT, Universidade do Algarve, Portugal, Faro;
5) Dr. André Baier, Coordinator of the Sustainability Certificate for Students, Technische Universität, Germany, Berlin;
6) Kiera Reifschneider, SOtL Programme, Arizona State University, USA, Tucson.
Holding the event with the support of UN Environment Programme will give a powerful impetus to the work being carried out. It will contribute to the organizing a basic operational platform in educational and professional standards on social and environmental responsibility. Venue
The workshop will take place on May 23-24, 2019
Address: Russian Office of UN Environment, 9, Leontyevsky lane, 125009 Moscow, Russia. Participation and paper submission
If you are working with the education of scientists and engineers, you are welcome to share your experience! The fields of life-long learning, adult education and transdisciplinary training are also welcome. Please, try to deliver your practice exactly in social and ecological direction. We shall discuss it and put the best practices into the base for professional exchange. Deadline
of general proposals for participation is February 11, 2019
Proposals should include a title of your submission, your name and affiliation, official address, and the abstract till 250 words
Please, indicate in your participation proposal if you would like to deliver a presentation.
The application should be sent to this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
, Dr. Tatiana Smetanina