The BRICS International Alliance of Strategic Projects took part in the online round table "Countering unconventional security threats: approaches of the BRICS countries", which took place on April 16 by video-conferencing, on the initiative and thanks to the organization of the Expert Council on the preparation and provision of the RF presidency in the BRICS association and the National Committee for BRICS Research (BRI NKI).
The round table was also attended by the President of the Russia-Brazil Chamber of Commerce, Gilberto Ramos, being vice president of the BRICS MASP.
Non-traditional security threats are the most important problems of the modern world. Given the relevance of this topic to all BRICS countries, the Five has repeatedly raised the issue of the inadmissibility of support and financing of criminal activity, and plans to coordinate strategies, discuss the possibility of exchanging information and cooperation, as well as putting forward measures and standards to combat non-traditional security threats on the site UN. At the round table, experts discussed the place and hierarchy of these threats in the development strategies of each BRICS country and their approaches to combating these threats. The experts exchanged views on the role of international cooperation, including with the BRICS partners in combating non-traditional security threats, as well as the advantages of the BRICS format for a collective response to these threats.
Chairman of the video conference: Panova Viktoria Vladimirovna, scientific adviser of the Expert Council for the preparation and maintenance of the Russian Federation's chairmanship in the BRICS association, managing director of the BRICS NKI.
Moderator of the video conference: Bordachev Timofey Vyacheslavovich, Program Director of the Valdai Discussion Club, Scientific Director of the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies of the Higher School of Economics, Head of the Expert Council Working Group on the Preparation and Securing of the Presidency of the Russian Federation in the BRICS Association "Country Analysis and Analysis of National Strategies BRICS ".
Video Conference Speakers:
• Dmitry Vyacheslavovich Razumovsky, Acting Director of the Institute of Latin America of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Member of the Expert Council for the Preparation and Support of the Presidency of the Russian Federation in the BRICS Association.
• Suslov Dmitry Vyacheslavovich, Deputy Director of the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies of the Higher School of Economics, member of the Expert Council for the preparation and maintenance of the RF Presidency in the BRICS Association.
• Alexey Vladimirovich Kupriyanov, Researcher, Sector of International Organizations and Global Political Regulation, IMEMO RAS, member of the Expert Council on the preparation and maintenance of the RF Presidency in the BRICS Association.
• Vasily Borisovich Kashin, Head of the Department of International Military-Political and Military-Economic Problems of the Higher School of Economics, Member of the Expert Council for the Preparation and Support of the Presidency of the Russian Federation in the BRICS Association.
• Arkhangelskaya Alexandra Aleksandrovna, Leading Researcher at the Higher School of Economics; Researcher, Center for Southern African Studies, Institute of African Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences, member of the Expert Council on the preparation and maintenance of the RF presidency in the BRICS association.
In the interests of realizing the priorities of the Russian chairmanship of the BRICS, it is planned to hold a roundtable in 2020 in order to attract civil society to discuss initiatives to develop cooperation between the Russian Federation and the BRICS countries.